Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here and I need help. My 94 suzuki intruder vs800 is smoking out of the right pipe it started smoking out of the left one first, then it stopped and now the right one is smoking I changed the oil and it stopped for a second but started back. If anyone has an opinion I'd love to here it cause my bike seems kind of like a lemon bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike runs just fine and the smoking stops and will start again. When I check the oil I stand it up straight. Could it be running rich on the front carb?

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
If it smokes white, you more than likely have a bad head gasket and it's letting water into the cylinder. Check the coolant level to see if it is low, then check the oil to see if there is moisture in it. If that is the case, you will need to change the head gaskets. If it starts and stops smoking, that would mean the thermostat is probably good.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
Oil smoke can appear white, with a faint bluish cast; look at it in full sun, next time. It could have just been oil that seeped past the valve seals, so check the spark plug's color; they'll also indicate if it is lean. Oil that needs changing will seep, sometimes, and burn off the plugs soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts