Motorcycle Forum banner

'91 CBR 600f2 won't start after changing head gasket

650 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DannoXYZ 
#1 ·
Okay, so the bike ran before changing the head gasket.
I put the motor back in, and now the issue I am having is that I cannot for the life of find out where this 3 plug goes.
It is a 3 plug for the neutral switch & oil pressure sensor. I have read the manual, asked on forums, watched videos, etc.
My assumption is that the bike won't start due to this. Bike won't even begin to turn on. No noise, just nothing.

The manual can be found on powermanuals.com
I would really appreciate any help it's been almost 3 months now

#2 ·
Hey, same here. Think going to quit and shove bike to curb on trash day. My thing is the caps on top of the valves. They are all mixed up, and being told they were suppose to be put back exact order. So, suppose to clearance gauge each one while rotate engine? Really? Even if off, see no way to adjust.

#3 · (Edited)
Get factory service manual. Saves you tonne of time. Can do this job in 2-3hrs max by following instructions from manual. Read procedure numerous times before doing each job so you know it like back of hand before starting.

There's thin shim between valve-stem and bucket that is changed to adjust clearance.

1. measure ALL valve-clearances 1st, put into spreadsheet

2. remove cams and measure thickness of each shim over each valve

3. out into spreadsheet and correlate shim-thickness with valve-clearance

4. mix & match by moving shims around to optimise clearance

5. usually end up only having to by 1 or 2 new shims to adjust adjust all 16 valves to spec

Done!

Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Circle
Automotive tire Auto part Font Circle Metal