Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fazer that runs great, minus tuning the carbs a little. I have been slowly replacing things on this bike. It ran when I bought it so of course I took it apart and rebuilt what I was comfortable with... Carbs, forks, brakes, lights, full tune up. I recently replaced the ignition and all of a sudden it shuts off as I'm riding down the road. I put the old ignition back on and its still doing it. It runs fine as long as I'm gentle, as soon as I give it some gas it wants to die. It starts back up no problem but I can't figure out what's causing the issue. HELP

·
Registered
2003 Buell XB9S, 1989 Yamaha Radian YX600
62 Posts
Check your battery terminals, etc. Probably have a lose connection somewhere that disconnects when you accelerate hard.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
My first thought would be a bad connection in the ignition wiring. Does all the power shut off, lights, instruments, etc?

It could also be a fuel issue unrelated to the ignition system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have power. I thought it was the ignition so I put the old one back on but had same issue. I'll check the wiring and pull the carbs. Will update

·
Registered
454 Posts
Maybe the bikes vibration/road bumps are causing it to shut off or you could have something out of whack on the carb . Make sure you cleaned the carb well and got it back together correctly. Bad gas? You didn't change any Jets when rebuilding the carb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts