Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I need to remove both tanks on this 85 VT 1100 to flush the fuel system...Found a free Haynes manual download...real crap...couldn't find a word about removing the tanks or carbs...Any info will be a help...Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The V Twin is the VT and the V4 is the VF...I have the VT ( V Twin ) shadow...wasn't the V4 the Magna...? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not in the budget...I booked marked it though...just in case the old lady will kick the budget up a few bucks...I was looking
for a free download...Thanks a lot ! ! !

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
See if you can find a Hondo specific site for your bike. Usually you can find a download there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
couldn't find one....still looking...I did however flush both tanks and cleaned the carbs...she is running like a brand new toy...with 33xxx+ miles on her...I
do need some help finding a cheap battery with good ( 260 + ) Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)...the 85 VT 1100c had that strange T shape battery...I'll post a few picture once I get the oxidation off the wheels and engine...Its a mess...I'm 67 yrs old...easy way to get those wheels and engine clean would be a big help...I'm all ears people...I hate that part of saving these old V-Twins
from the salvage parts yard...the sanding and cleaning...Thanks and be safe out there people...Later

·
Registered
36 Posts
V4's the Sabres too! Ox depending on the pitting! Some use marvel oil, some go straight to sand paperwith some type of lube& re spray clear coat! Mine was Farley good shape so I just removed the coating & buff to high gloss with mother's & applied a up date when cleaning the bike! You can also use scotch brite pads or disc!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts