Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello every one new to this site. Iam a nighthawk lover for years .this 750 nighthawk has giving me alot of problems from the get . Bike was all orginal with 8,032 miles on it when I bought it last jan. I gave it new paint ,new tires brakes and much more and have only put close to 300 miles on it.Just moved to murfreesboro tenn from ohio and the bike doesnt like the change.Anyway the issues Iam having is hard starting,not fully charging .I replaced the rotor/regulator/rectifier stator testing at 5-ohms+ Iam getting spark bike will start but #3-4 pipes are cold even after warm up .Have 115-psi compression notice also my ignition switch is acting weired going to replace it soon . got spark on 3-4cyclinders. but still cold. carbs been cleaned by myself what the hell is causing this issue 2-issues please let me know your input or Iam thinking about selling it . thanks folks bye the way the color is candy colbalt blue with ghost flames

·
Registered
19 Posts
One of my bikes is an 84 Honda nighthawk 650 and it sucks but the engine will only charge above 2000 rpm's, so if your just idling it will not charge. I had a charging issue where my battery would actually go dead while riding it and ended up testing everything with a multi meter and ended up replacing the stator which fixed the problem. I also had the same problem with it not starting and ended up cleaning petcock, replacing fuel lines, cleaning carbs, fine tuning the choke, and making sure there is NO gas leaks or air leaks in the carb boots. Ive found that air leaks in the carb boots is a common problem with the old nighthawks even if it's not backfiring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ever had a problem with turning the key on and getting nothing, even with a battery that is brand new? My son is having this problem and we can't find a reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts