Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am a newbie so take it easy on me! I have recently purchase a 1982 CM250 and have notice a strong difference in stance between it and the CB250. Mainly that the CM seems to have quite bit more positive rake than the CB. From what I can tell, the CM came with a longer fork. I know this can exacerbate said rake, but I am unsure if this difference in rake is related JUST to the fork or if it's also a difference in the frame head angle itself. I am wanting to reduce the angle to something comparable to an earlier CB to bring a sportier look. I know there are other ways around reducing the rake such as raising the rear ride height, etc. But if I can attack the area where it's most severe, I'd be much happier with the finished product. If in fact the head angle is different and I am stuck with it, any recommendations on forks and/or crowns that can reduce the rake and bring in the wheelbase would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks!

-Ryan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do whom it may concern, I did find the frame difference. The 1982 CM250 frame came with a 30deg head angle, while the 1982 CB250 frame came with a 28.5deg head angle. I will be trimming the fork tubes, getting a taller rear shock (14.5"), looking into different crowns, and possibly installing a longer swing-arm. This overall should get me the aggressive stance that I am looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts