Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I have this 81 Suzuki GS1100 that the battery light won't turn off. I tried testing the stator and regulator but they check out correct for resistance and no shorts to ground. I also have a mysterious green wire with a blue stripe that has a resister on the end but the wire coming out of the resister side is missing and I can't figure out where it goes. (I soldered a wire on the end of the resistor so that it could be attached somewhere, just don't know where.)
Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a follow up, I checked the key off voltage (12.68V) and the running voltage at 2,500 RPM (13.17V) so it must be working but still get the battery light on the indicator. Still can't figure out where the green wire with the resistor goes. Can't seem to find it on the wiring schematic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, I have this 81 Suzuki GS1100 that the battery light won't turn off. I tried testing the stator and regulator but they check out correct for resistance and no shorts to ground. I also have a mysterious green wire with a blue stripe that has a resister on the end but the wire coming out of the resister side is missing and I can't figure out where it goes. (I soldered a wire on the end of the resistor so that it could be attached somewhere, just don't know where.)
Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suspect that wire is for the battery idiot warning light that connects to stock type led acid battery that had that connection. If your battery does not have this ability remove the warning light from your console and forget about it or get a battery that works with that wire sensor.Let me know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.