Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I love all bikes and am currently working on a really well preserved Honda parallel twin. Its kickstart only and as old as I am which is awesome. Im stoked to be preserving it and I want to make it into a café racer style. I really appreciate any advice on these models and imparticular about the wheels, id like to get the comstar as I have the spokes but im wondering if other model honda wheels may fit?
Anyway, thanks any who respond!

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
Nice bike. You would think a set of comstars off another model would fit.
For those that do not know. Monroe and area, is probably the most likely place to find a 57 Chev Apachy in the back 40.
It is on the way from the left coast, over the Stevens Pass and towards Wenatchee. A really nice ride.

UK

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
If you really want to preserve it, restore it to factory original. Do not cut it up into a cafe thing.
And Welcome to the forum!

·
American Legion Rider
25,888 Posts
Hi everyone! I love all bikes and am currently working on a really well preserved Honda parallel twin. Its kickstart only and as old as I am which is awesome. Im stoked to be preserving it and I want to make it into a café racer style. I really appreciate any advice on these models and imparticular about the wheels, id like to get the comstar as I have the spokes but im wondering if other model honda wheels may fit?
Anyway, thanks any who respond!
That's not preserving a bike at all in my eye. And being a kickstart only I'd do a true restoration. You can butcher all kinds of other bikes to turn into a café racer style. Just aren't that many kickers anymore.:crying: I'd even wager someone here would trade plus a few bucks to get a kicker to restore.

So I agree with Offcenter.

·
Premium Member
9,826 Posts
They were nice bikes, but more docile than the other three Japanese makes. Still a nice bike. You needed to like Honda more than you liked a bit more giddy up. I think they have a 3 valve per cylinder head. I sold some of them, but that was a long time ago.

My slightly newer XS400 Yamaha is much more sportier.

UK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if any of you are interested im going to make it more stock but still losing the lights and im getting more of a dual sport tire. After im done im willing to talk trading, selling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts