Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am a first time buyer and came across a good looking BMW R80/7 near me.

I can't post a link but this is the seller description:
ORIGINAL 800CC BMW WITH ONLY 8026 MILES FULLY UPATED TO FACTORY SPECIFICATION ,NEW PAINT,,COMPLETE SERVICE INCLUDING PUMP. $6,500

I've naturally looked at KBB and NADA values for an pristine condition R80. It caps at 4600.

The seller is saying to throw the book value out considering the low mileage (just over 8,000 original miles) and the restoration he's done. He has pictures of the bike taken apart during the restoration process.

I understand that "enthusiast" bikes or cars sometimes are worth the high price. Is this bike considered one? I'm wondering if 5k or maximum 5,5k is a fair offer.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
His comment to "throw the book value out" would only apply if the bike was a pristine, original bike with 8K miles, IMHO. The fact that it has been repainted and "restored" means it is just a nice bike, and might demand a slight premium. Everything is negotiable and the bike's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I say make him an offer you feel comfortable with. If he doesn't take it, then fine, move on. There are plenty of other bikes out there, and Bimmers last forever, so don't be afraid of a few miles, as long as the bike's been taken care of. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts