Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just got a 76 cb500t. The previous owner told me that there is an electrical issue with her and it does not charge ther battery when running. He said he put in a new stator and rectifier. Not sure where to begin. Any suggestions? Also if you guys know of a link where I can download the owner's manual for it, that'd be great. Thanks

·
American Legion Rider
19,373 Posts
This manual might help but have never used one. It appears to be a downloadable pdf though.
1976 CB500T

With that and a volt meter along with some searching here you should be able to sort it out. Seems there was another similar issue recently here. Maybe even multiple issues. I hate electrical stuff so they all look the same to me anyway but do remember seeing similar issues recently. Might still be ongoing even. Personally I'd question any new parts that don't change something. But you may as well be starting from scratch. I'm pretty sure there was a post that talked about how to check both those parts but be sure all your connections are clean and tight. You may have a short too. Another one that can be frustrating to find. The electrical gurus can certainly help but be patient with them as they have a life outside the forum too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts