Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

'75 CB360 died while riding.

I heard a popping noise, then the rpms seemed to drop really low as I came to a stoplight. Died completely at the next stop.

I was able to start again but had to keep revving to keep it alive. Lost power again a few blocks later and I couldn't start again so I called a tow.

Tried kick and electric starting it many times. If the engine does turn over, it stalls shortly after or right away.

Battery reads 12.49
Fuel filters look fine
Didn't see any loose wires
Spark plugs are new
Tank has a little bit of rust

Any ideas? Thanks a ton!

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
First time mine did it, it was the points. The second time it did it, was the spark plugs.

Could also be the fuel valve is plugged if there is rust in the tank. Would need to clean out the tank and then it would be a good idea to put fuel filters in the two lines to the carbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Inspect the entire fuel line from the petcock down to the carbs and make sure there are no kinks or blockage. If there's rust in the tank maybe clean out the petcock.
Next, when in doubt clean the carbs.. I have a 72 cl350 which is similar to yours and those carbs were yuckkkkk..
Check the points and make sure the gap is correct, and make sure they are timed correctly. There's some youtube videos that show you how to do that.

Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
It sounds, to me, that the carbs are over-filling, either because the float valves are sticking, or the floats are sinking instead of floating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts