Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking a little direction on wich way I would like to go with this bike I picked up. As it sits the the crank os shot along with both pistons, the guy I got it from said he got it from someone that took a hammer to the pistons to get them un stuck, I am at the point I have it completly broke down motor and all. I like the look of the frame with the fenders and lights it has on now. I had a thought to buy a bigger motor and stick it in there and go for a bobber look. but then I am lost on where to find the specs of what the frame could handle and just how much work that would actually be. I think pieceing the motor I have now would be more then its worth. should I just start to part it out and put a down payment on a new bike? Any and ALL advice on this would be great, thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
you may be better off finding an unseized motor and mixing and matching to come up with a whole engine. I had a similar problem with a 72 CB500 i have and just picked up a few engines and now i have enough good parts for one whole. It is annoying, but i have more time than money. haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.