Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for quite awhile for some piston rings for a 1974 Honda MT125 i need standard sized rings, but i can only find rings for a bored out cylinders! Please help i need this part!

·
Independent M/C Shop
132 Posts
You may not be able to find a standard set of rings for a stock Honda piston unless you can find a Honda dealer that has been in business since at least the time your model was sold, in which case they may have some new old stock still sitting on their shelves. You can also check with some of the advertisers in Walneck's vintage cycle magazine that specialize in old Japanese motorcycle parts. If you don't mind using aftermarket parts, Wiseco makes a standard size piston & rings for your motorcycle. Part #339M05600 includes a standard size piston, matching piston rings, piston pin, and circlips. It does not include gaskets though. It retails for $187.39 and you have to purchase Wiseco parts through an authorized Wiseco dealer. Go to www.wiseco.com to look up an authorized dealer where you live. BTW - they also make several oversizes for when you need them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Aftermareket might be close to your only option. a wiseco kit would be a fantastic upgrade to keep the old girl running for years to come.

From my experiences needing obsolete parts, honda is VERY good at providing them. get on the bike and make a smokey, low compression ride to the local dealer and ask away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't for get you can buy the oversize rings and grind the end off to fit put them in the cylinder one at a time and make sure you have gap clearence

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you find them please let me know, i need rings for my daughters 1971 yamaha jt2 60 and cannot find them either... good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts