Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to bring the bike to the dealer today, and despite dark gray clouds I got there without a drop falling on me. But the way home was different with a moderate rain the entire 40 miles (enough coming down that cars and trucks had their wipers on continuously). My bike is unfaired, but has a decent sized windscreen. Although the windscreen and my helmet faceshield were all wet, the only part of my clothing that was wet at all were my jeans, from above the boot to my knees. I'm always a bit surprised by how the airflow on a moving motorcycle keeps me relatively dry even in moderate rainstorm, as long as I can keep moving. I was glad I didn't bother digging out my rainsuit and then going through the hassle of getting it on over my textile jacket and boots.

·
7,516 Posts
Most of the water from the ankles up to the knees is caused from the front tire splash, coming right straight back and hitting everywhere behind the forks.:(

What's great about a big front fender or a Fenda-extenda, is that it almost completely eliminates the splash.

My Honda NT700 when ridden in the rain, cut the water like a knife and every bit of the water went on my ankles and shoes---just like a water hose.:frown:

My Electra Glide had a huge front fender and I put the Harley fender extender on it and there was virtually no water splashed up when I rode in the rain. My Bud on his HD-FXR would get soaked because of the tiny stock front fender.:p

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
21,251 Posts
The lowers on my Ultra stops most road splash but I'm still very much interested in those big fenders of Indians. They say it just about stops all road splash. Maybe I'm going to slow or too fast though. I still get wet on my arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts