Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Being half deaf, hard for me to tell listening to a video, but one thing stuck out, even to me, everything sounded better than stock.

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
My ear, only have one that functions, must not get the whole loud is better thing. Other than stock, the only one that sounded good to my one ear was the Matuza's. The other two had a hollow sound that I've never cared for when hearing pipes on YouTube. I bet they do sound better live or in person. I thought the stockers sound better than the last two. But the Matuza's sound better that the stockers. I don't think I've ever seen this member reply to his posts but I'd be curious as to which one he went for. I do have problems liking the higher idle of the M8 and hope that last one smoking more isn't a sign it is pulling or scavenging I guess, some oil. It certainly look suspicious but may be that they ship them with much more protective oil and that after a 20 minute ride all would be gone and it would be smoking anymore. I'd hope anyway???

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I don't care for loud pipes, but I can't tell what's loud on YouTube. I could tell the aftermarket pipes/slip-ons sounded different.

·
American Legion Rider
18,956 Posts
I don't care for loud pipes, but I can't tell what's loud on YouTube. I could tell the aftermarket pipes/slip-ons sounded different.
Yeah, I can tell if the tone changes but how loud, nope. Some that sound good might be loud as heck for all I know. Like Cobras sound awesome on YouTube on a Harley, to me, but they are too loud live and in person , for my lost hearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts