Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Olympia toy run begins on December 6th, 2014 at the South Sound Center in Lacey and end at Capital Lake in Olympia. tens of thousands of bikers and bikes participate in this event every year to not only give this area a phenomenal bike show, but to also bring toys that are delivered to the salvation army that will be given to less fortunate kids so that they can receive a gift for Christmas.
Last years turn out was not as good as the previous with approximately 9,500 bikes (+/-), but the weather was a bone chilling 16 degrees. Lets break some records. I believe the most attended was 17,000 back in 2009. Lets make 20,000.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's cool! I have heard of this but had forgotten about it! How does it work? Go on a ride and drop off a toy at the destination?
Pretty much. They have vendors at the meeting point, a motorcycle show (more of a stunt show), and you get to see some pretty crazy creations. Custom sport bikes, choppers and so forth. We all ride down to the destination and deliver the toy. You can donate money if not a toy which has to be delivered when you get to the meeting place.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
but the weather was a bone chilling 16 degrees.
I'm all for toy runs for kids, but not at 16 degrees, that is too darn cold.
Now a toy run in Southern California, Arizona, Southern Nevada in December would be a lot more comfortable.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm all for toy runs for kids, but not at 16 degrees, that is too darn cold.
Now a toy run in Southern California, Arizona, Southern Nevada in December would be a lot more comfortable.
It was something I had to get used to. I ride periodically in the winter to get used to it. You find out real quick what is not covered, or covered good enough

·
American Legion Rider
18,660 Posts
Yeah, 16º is getting too cold for me too. Even with electric. I call in whimpy at 20º. Mainly because of the face.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I missed last year due to an injury, but I'll be there this year. Hopefully my girlfriends leg is healed up well enough and she'll join me on her Shadow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts