Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I met up with 5 other riders near Harper's Ferry. About 70 miles of this trip was highway getting to the meetup

From that point on we were on back roads following the Shenandoah River and valley

We stopped in Front Royal for lunch and then on to the Skyline drive

We got off at the Luray exit, gassed up and headed home all back roads. Traffic was very heavy around Sterling so we jumped on to White's Ferry to cross the Potomac and home.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks like an awesome ride, even if it did tucker you out! Love that narrow bridge without guardrails!

·
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have to spend more time in the saddle, got to tough up the butt.

I would never make it on one of Rollin's trip, not even the shortest one

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Looks like a wonderful ride. One of these days we are going to make a trip up to that area. I really want to see Maine. I will have to toughen up more than my bottom for that trip. We haven't been able to take a trip for a long while so I'm really out of shape! We are hoping things will be better next year and we can get back into riding more.

G

·
Looks like my kind of ride. :cool: I agree with you I could never handle a Rollin ride. :thumbsup: Great photos, thanks for sharing.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Yeah I have to spend more time in the saddle, got to tough up the butt.

I would never make it on one of Rollin's trip, not even the shortest one
Few here could. That includes me.:frown:

·
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eye - I agree, the 5 weeks my daughter was here with the broken leg I didn't ride at all. Since then it has been hotter than H3LL and I have only ridden short rides. This is my second trip over 100 miles this year.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I hit a wall even with the amount I ride at 350 miles Critter. Your saddle plays a roll too and I'm waiting right now to get mine back from Mean City Cycles. The one I have now is rock hard. Looks good but it gets harder the longer I ride.:)

·
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Mustang Seat that is comfortable. My butt just get hot and then I get uncomfortable and try and find a new position. Last year I used a powder called 'Monkey Butt' that helped a lot. I just forget to apply it before I leave.

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Those beads taxi drivers use work surprisingly well. :thumbsup: But again, they get hard after awhile.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Critter,

One guy that goes on long trips with us has a similar problem. He swears by a plain old "rag rug". He says he has tried the beads, skins and several other things but this does the best. We tease him about how hick it makes his Goldwing look but I do agree with him, If it works it doesn't matter how bad it looks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Multi-Color-Rag-Rug/17043402

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
Does he fold it over so it's twice as thick MONI? Or cut it in half?

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
He folds it. He has ridden on a 5700 mile trip in 18 days with us. Some days we road 600+ miles to get to New Jersey and again to get home. Sometimes his wife wants him to unfold it and flip some back on her seat.

We used things on our Kawasaki but haven't needed Anything since we got the Vision. I should add that we had Mustang seats on our Kawasaki. Anything much over 120 miles we were getting off for a few minutes, no matter what!!!

·
14,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cycle Gear has a closeout sale on Air Pad seat cover. $15 for a large. I bought one and went for a ride to nowhere. I could actually feel the air movement under me. Two hours later and butt was warm but not hot and I was not uncomfortable

·
Roamer
176 Posts
Cycle Gear has a closeout sale on Air Pad seat cover. $15 for a large. I bought one and went for a ride to nowhere. I could actually feel the air movement under me. Two hours later and butt was warm but not hot and I was not uncomfortable
Good to know! I saw them when I was in the store last week and couldn't decide if I wanted to try one or not. I'll pick one up next time I'm there (I go there way too much...:biggrin:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts