Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2019 street bob new back a year or so ago, and it started to leak fluid from around this area recently. reverse phone lookup I took it to a dealership since it is still under warranty, but they claimed they “Could not recreate the problem.“ (so no fix) I waited a bit to see if the issue was a singular event, nba reddit but it continues to persist. I’m taking it back for a second look, but I was pcpartpicker wondering if anyone had any insight as to what this might be? Bike only has 1500ish miles.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Well, it looks like clairvoyant fluid to be me. But a description might help too.;) ;);)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Trevor, to help you, we need more info. First of all, how many miles? 107, 114, 117 or what?

Do you service it yourself?

Leaks are easy to find, so if it's there, a little dusted 'Baby' powder will easily show weeps.

Is yours the 'twin cooled.' M8 series? If it is, antifreeze may be the culprit.

Take your air filter cover off and look in there as the vent system is designed to SUCK from the crankcase into the air induction and if excessive, can puddle and leak out of the bottom of the air cleaner cover.

The primary cover and or the derby cover can easily leak.

Harley's used to seep at the cylinder to crankcase area, the Cylinder head to cylinder junction and sometimes in the valve cover area.

Oil filters can weep oil also and what leaks during an oil change can find its way all over the engine area.

Any even semi-competent motorcycle mechanic can diagnose a leak!

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum!
Sam

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,521 Posts
I don't see any leaks, I don't even see a bike.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
I don't see any leaks, I don't even see a bike.
I can’t believe you missed my smartass reply at the beginning. I was hoping he/she might realize there was no photo or he/she needed a better explanation.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,521 Posts
I can’t believe you missed my smartass reply at the beginning. I was hoping he/she might realize there was no photo or he/she needed a better explanation.

Oh I saw it, I was just trying to help you out incase he didn't catch what you were saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts