Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://bikingpress.com/canada-motorcycles/2019-honda-cb300r-confirmed-for-canada/. 40 pound weight loss, better suspension, nicer styling, same price. (315 pounds wet!) Coming to the USA? Not sure. As I get older (61) & arthritis starts limiting my physical abilities, weight becomes as important as power. And I see myself downsizing in the future. Beats quitting. The new Kawasaki Z400, (366 pounds wet) is another I'm watching. In my youth I wanted the fastest bike money could buy. Probably best I couldn't afford a fast bike because I was a little crazy then. I love my Vstrom 650 but it's long, tall, top heavy & about 490 pounds wet. (2007) Getting it in & out of the garage is no longer easy. Anyway, about being a first bike, this little Honda may be worth a look for newbies if being limited to 100 mph isn't a problem.

· Banned
76 Posts
Personally, I wish they'd bring the Shadow 125, Vstar 125, and similar to the US. Be great for around town, and back and forth to work bikes. Not everyone is concerned with top end or road trips. I've got a Vstar 1300, and honestly I spend a lot more time at 35-45 mph in town and on back roads than I do at 55-65 mph on the highway.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

· Registered
15 Posts
If it turns out you have 12mm, which is narrow band and most likely, you can get a 18mm wideband adapter if you have the room.
Thanks for the reply! I've checked out that adapter and read the reviews. Someone tried it out for Autotune and the sensor that Autotune comes with is too long, that adapter wont work... I've searching online and doesnt look like anyone really makes the 18mm to 12mm adapters.. Weird.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
28,710 Posts
Your other option is have the 18mm bung brazed or welded near the 12mm hole and thread a plug in the 12’s hole. Or find headers with the 18’s. The first is much easier unless you are planning on changing the exhaust anyway.

· Registered
15 Posts
Your other option is have the 18mm bung brazed or welded near the 12mm hole and thread a plug in the 12’s hole. Or find headers with the 18’s. The first is much easier unless you are planning on changing the exhaust anyway.
Sounds expensive hahaha. Well, Autotune comes with a bung that you can tig weld on the 12mm existing bung, but local shops want $200 to do that... The whole Dynojet system with Power Commander 5 and Autotune is already around $600 plus install, plus the $200 weld, comes to over $1000. I can install the Power Commander and Autotune myself, just need an adapter. I dont really want to spend an arm and a leg for this..

28,710 Posts
comes with a bung that you can tig weld on the 12mm existing bung, but local shops want $200 to do that...
Is that on the bike the reason they want $200? That seems like way too much to me too for 2 little welds. I don’t see why brazing it on wouldn’t work myself. It’s not going to have weight or high pressure there. At least not where mine is on my Indian. And brazing I even know how to do. They make a do all type rod that works great. Just need to get the surfaces equally red hot then let the rod do the work from there on. But yeah, tig welders do want to be paid for that fancy machine I guess.

· Registered
15 Posts
Probably because it is on a bike and I live in Orange County CA, everything is overpriced here... I'm gonna look around some more, because it seems like a 15 min job.. $200 is wayy too much for this. I'm sure I can find someone who can do it for $50 somewhere out of OC.

28,710 Posts
Just remember, many times you do get what you pay for. Both of these
welds work but which one would you says is $50 and which one $200?

This might be a poor example, especially the price. But one is certainly
more desirable than the other and you can bet one would cost more. So
I'd be careful allowing just anyone to weld those in for you. When you
get into Tig welding it does cost more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.