Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Northern California, I will be picking up my new bike on July 9th from my nearest Suzuki dealership ( 80 miles from my home) I’m looking forward to getting back on two wheels again after six years not riding a motorcycle. Any things I should be looking for on the bike? The drive back is all highway (101) Thanks

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,515 Posts
Welcome and congrats

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: And I believe you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which
somehow gets around that restriction.

We are friendly here. Well, some of us:grin:

101 in California !!! That right there is something to look out for if by northern California you mean the bay area and San Jose but you stated the nearest dealer is 80 miles away so you might be okay. I'd still look for backroads to travel. That state used to have nice ones. Been too many years since I was there to know if they still are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, I live three hours north of S.F., one hour from a small coastal town called Fort Bragg( Mendocino California) I made a mistake of buying a Suzuki Burgman 650 in April, never had driven one in my life, the automatic shift and going highway speed got my attention, after a few rides I knew that the scooter was not for me. I looked up middle weight touring bikes and called the dealership put in my order (2019 Suzuki Boulevard C50T) next Tuesday I will trade in the scooter and hopefully be back on a motorcycle. Take care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts