Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently deciding between two bikes and my friends and I have been having a discussion over which would be the better bike. I wanted to see what you guys thought. My friends and I have our biases so I was looking for some unbiased answers.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400
vs.
2017 Honda CBR500R

Attachments

· Registered
59 Posts
I haven't ridden the Ninja 400, but I really like my CBR500R. The bikes are supposed to pretty similar in terms of horsepower, but the CBR has more torque. I will say that my CBR is already a little bit spun up at 75 MPH, so I'm not sure if I'd want to have even higher RPM at that speed. Also, the CBR is really well engineered. My fairing provides pleasant wind control and the mirrors do a nice job of blocking wind from my hands.

· Registered
94 Posts
if i was going for one now, i would pick the Kawasaki. The main reason is cheaper insurance. Here we have government insurance and it is grouped in tiers.
The CBR is in tier 3 (401cc to 750cc) so it would be a few hundred more per year. Other than that, i have not ridden a Kawasaki 400 but i did own a
2015 Honda CBR500R and liked it. Was very comfortable on long rides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.