Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post the US tv schedule for the 2018 Isle of Man for those of you who get the Velocity channel. It starts Saturday June 2nd, episodes 1 thru 5 will be broadcast June 2nd thru June 6th.

Broadcast Schedule Link: https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/stations/vel-velocity

The Greatest Show On Earth Video:

· Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,335 Posts
If I could be there I’m sure it would be super exciting to watch, but for me, not so much to watch it on the little screen. I wait for the highlight videos on YouTube. I’ve thought about how cool it would be to go to the Isle of Man during a quiet time and just ride the TT circuit myself on a motorcycle. But at my age now it will probably never happen. Real life gets in the way of daydreams.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,684 Posts
That's what they make DVR's for because the world doesn't revolve around us. 3am would be 9am local time. 11pm I am assuming would be a repeat.

TR you ready to see if Danny Ric is going to do it tomorrow?

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, a big time zone difference. I usually stay up late, but I'll be recording it just in case. Here's the race program by day.

Saturday 2nd June

12:00 RST Superbike TT Race (6 Laps)

15:00 Locate.im Sidecar TT Race 1 (3 Laps)

16:35 Superstock / Supersport / Lightweight Qualifying

17:10 TT Zero Qualifying (1 Lap)

Monday 4th June

10:45 Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 1 (4 Laps)

12:25 - 13:05 Sidecar Qualifying (2 Laps)

14:15 RL360 Quantum Superstock Race (4 Laps)

15:55 TT Lightweight Qualifying (1 Lap)

16:15 TT Zero Qualifying (1 Lap)

Wednesday 6th June

10:45 Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 2 (4 Laps)

12:45 SES TT Zero Race (1 Lap)

14:10 Bennetts Lightweight TT Race (4 Laps)

15:55 Sidecar TT Qualifying (1 Lap)

16:10 Senior TT Qualifying (1 Lap)

Friday 8th June

10:15 Locate.im Sidecar TT Race 2 (3 Laps)

12:45 PokerStars Senior TT Race (6 Laps)

· Nightfly
4,737 Posts
That's what they make DVR's for because the world doesn't revolve around us. 3am would be 9am local time. 11pm I am assuming would be a repeat.

TR you ready to see if Danny Ric is going to do it tomorrow?
Ric is an excellent driver, don't know how he'll finish but I'm sure he'll do well. I'm a long time Ferrari follower and in recent years not a lot to be happy about. I always figure in time, they will be back. Merc is a tough car to beat right now.

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,684 Posts
Wife and I are HAM people, so it has been a good few years for us. I also like RIC, how can you not. Have you watched the race yet?

· Registered
1 Posts
Szymba1

Made the trip in 2017 with my brother! Watching on the "teli" isn't so bad. get to see coverage from all over the track vs what you cover walking the 2 or 3 miles of the Douglas front stretch to the bottom of Bray Hill! But you all know it cant beat being there! Takes some balls to race the TT at any level no doubt! Don't count on the cuisine either! They clearly don't know how to cook on the Isle! Bit of tude towards the Americans also, at least with some of the hotel staff. Next trip will definitely include a 2 wheel ride for week! Very Difficult to do, make sure you plan the rental or the shipping of your bike well in advance !!! AND Take the train ride to Ramsey on the electric car to see the north east corner of route. Rained like hell but we had a fun "no race" day. RIP Dan Kneen! Manxmann!

· Registered
857 Posts
I love to watch MotoGP, Moto 2, Moto 3 (sometimes the most entertaining of the bunch), SBK and Moto America. As amazing as the riding is, I can't watch IOM because I'm always afraid I'm going to see someone die. Sure, it can (and does) happen with the other events I watch, but it's a fair guarantee with the street racing variety that someone is going to bite it. Makes me uncomfortable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.