Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
500cc RE Comet; 500 miles on the odometer; excellent condition mechanically and physically; road-ready; bike had an EFI Electric Start as well as a mechanical Kick Start.

$7,000.00 or best offer; must sell; owner must cease riding for health reasons.

Bike is available for viewing, riding. Seller does not ship. Serious inquiries only please.

Contact “[email protected]” for appointment to view and test drive. Bike is in the State of CT, near the Hartford area.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Hate to read it soupy. Good luck.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
I have never, ever seen a sidecar mounted that attached to the front fork tube!

That is a nice looking rig Soup.

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
That seems to be where they like it with the RE and that type of car Sam. Lots of luck understanding this dude though.

Even some Goldwings have a stabilizer for the forks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
Glad you showed me that Larry but I'm still amazed:grin:

I wouldn't mind having Soup's hack for myself for use on these small and narrow and slow Country roads that meander through the Ozarks, which would be perfect for my Digital photography hobby:smile:

There is something about hearing FRENCH being spoken that makes me GAG:surprise:

Sam:wink2:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,487 Posts
Sorry to hear it Soup, hope you are okay.

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
Soupy
Sorry to see your selling the bike, hope things aren't too bad.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
That seems to be where they like it with the RE and that type of car Sam. Lots of luck understanding this dude though.

Even some Goldwings have a stabilizer for the forks.

Larry, there is a way to do it, but it can only be done slowly. On any white space in the post you want to translate, right click, then a number of options will appear. One of them being 'translate into English." Click on that. Wait a couple seconds and it will translate what is being show on your screen. Next, while the video is playing there will be an icon at the bottom right that is identified by C C, Closed Captioned. Click on that as well. Pause the video and you will see the words on the screen are being translated into English. It cannot translate quickly enough so you have to pause the video when you have a complete line that needs translating. Then, in a second or two, it will translate those words for you. Can be rather tedious but it does work, at least for me. I haven't been able to find a way for it to translate in real time... But at least you can figure out what the guys is talking about....

Sorry for not explaining it better, I'm just out of time at the moment.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Well it is probably a Mac thing but I can't get ANY translation from closed caption at all. There is even an auto-translate I've tried and it does zip. Even when a pause it and wait and wait and wait. Zip for translation. If I could select the text I could slowly get it translated but when I hit pause the text no longer shows. So it's probably a Mac no can do kind of thing. Or I just don't have your directions done correctly. But right clicks do different things on different systems and on this one I have very few options. I have more success with settings at the bottom which does get closed caption going but translation just doesn't seem to be in the cards. By any form or fashion and things tried.

·
Nightfly
4,598 Posts
Well it is probably a Mac thing but I can't get ANY translation from closed caption at all. There is even an auto-translate I've tried and it does zip. Even when a pause it and wait and wait and wait. Zip for translation. If I could select the text I could slowly get it translated but when I hit pause the text no longer shows. So it's probably a Mac no can do kind of thing. Or I just don't have your directions done correctly. But right clicks do different things on different systems and on this one I have very few options. I have more success with settings at the bottom which does get closed caption going but translation just doesn't seem to be in the cards. By any form or fashion and things tried.
Larry, if you have a Mac it may not work with what I said. I just did it again to be sure I was writing it down correctly. Turn on CC. Then when video is playing I right click below the video in the white area and this is the list of things I can click on, in order from top to bottom.
Reload
Save as
Print
Translate to English
View page source
Inspect.

That's it. I tried using the settings but it didn't give me anything...

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Yeah, I don't get any of that with a right click. But I did finally get it to translate with a clearer head this morning. On the Mac I have to get into close caption then go to set-up and under set-up then specifically select English(or any other language) to get it to translate. Without doing that, auto-translate stays in whatever language the video is in apparently. It wasn't intuitive at all but then nothing on a Mac ever is. But you got poking around. But as you can see here, even translated it seems like another language.

That was talking about the steering dampener. It read like gibberish in many places.

·
15,487 Posts
500cc RE Comet; 500 miles on the odometer; excellent condition mechanically and physically; road-ready; bike had an EFI Electric Start as well as a mechanical Kick Start.

$7,000.00 or best offer; must sell; owner must cease riding for health reasons.

Bike is available for viewing, riding. Seller does not ship. Serious inquiries only please.

Contact “[email protected]” for appointment to view and test drive. Bike is in the State of CT, near the Hartford area.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zXQXsM8moM

Just to bring the thread back on track from it's slight left turn. :)

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Yeah, some of these moderator types just do what they want don't they Critter.:wink2:

Reactions: Porky

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
" Owner must cease riding for health reasons "
Our concerns about that have not been answered. Maybe it is not for public disclosure.

UK

·
Aging & Worn
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I want to continue to be able to walk, I have to change my life habits considerably. The “motorcycle riding” must cease, as much as I hate that.

·
15,487 Posts
Well that just sucks, Soup. sorry to hear that.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Yes, very sorry to hear soupy. Take care and remember, you are still welcome here. You got a lot to contribute still.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
Sorry to hear that Soupy. I hope it all works out okay for you.

Some day I will stop riding. Might just get too old, might auger in, smokey might ground me. Bound to be interesting.

UK

1 - 20 of 29 Posts