Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this question has been asked countless times but i just wanted to ask the difference between a 2015 Ninja 650 and a 2015 model of the Versys, I'm close to buying my first bike and I'm stuck between these 2 choices. could some here who has ridden both of this bike drop his/her opinion it would be much appreciated... regarding about height and everything I'm 5'10" 176 lbs and still young so i drive a little bit hard and i also like to weave thru traffic... thanks in advance for your advice... oh and i asked here in our country there are no ABS model of these bikes so would that make any big difference for me as a rider...?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
l cannot speak for the Kawasakis. However, at one point l was considering selling my SV650 and buying a V-Strom, so l started asking the same question. There was a guy on an adventure bike forum that had owned both, and his reply was that the adventure bike was very much detuned and geared for easier riding, and that he was very disappointed in it as a road bike after having had the SV, which is a lot of fun.

·
8,606 Posts
What's up with this "666" moniker and avatar? What made you think of that? Are you a Satanist?:confused:

Sam:frown:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
l cannot speak for the Kawasakis. However, at one point l was considering selling my SV650 and buying a V-Strom, so l started asking the same question. There was a guy on an adventure bike forum that had owned both, and his reply was that the adventure bike was very much detuned and geared for easier riding, and that he was very disappointed in it as a road bike after having had the SV, which is a lot of fun.
hawkaholic thanks for the insight...

What's up with this "666" moniker and avatar? What made you think of that? Are you a Satanist?:confused:

Sam:frown:
now porky your statement doesn't even have any relevance to what i'm asking... the 666 in my name is my lucky number nothing to do with satan or me being satanist I'm not even christian...

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
For a street bike, I would go with the Ninja 650, but I would also chose one a few years old for my first bike. Don't shy away from used. It'll save you money and who knows if you'll want to keep it 1-2 years down the road or move on to something else.

·
Registered
427 Posts
For a street bike, I would go with the Ninja 650, but I would also chose one a few years old for my first bike. Don't shy away from used. It'll save you money and who knows if you'll want to keep it 1-2 years down the road or move on to something else.
Of course if you do more than a day's worth of research --- meaning extensive research --- you can find the perfect bike and never need anything else.

You might WANT something else...but you'll never need something else. ;)

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Your tastes and needs can change. A novice can do 15 years of research and not pick out the perfect bike for life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well Rob thnx for the advice... regarding about used bikes I've been driving for 12 years now but not my bike I've been using my parents bike... well the ninja 650 does have more maneuverability over the versys... and the traffic I'm talking about is like this...

business.inquirer.net/files/2012/12/traffic2.jpg

i'm still not allowed to post pic in the forum so ther's the link you could check out what i have to deal with everyday...

yeah i know.. that's how it is everyday so no to cars...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seat height might play a big part in choosing between the two. The Versys might be too tall to be comfortable.
yes i was also thinking about the seat height... the versys is tall when i tried sitting on it i could only put one foot flat on the ground... well then that settles it the ninja it is for me... thanks everybody for the advice...

·
10,756 Posts
Seat height might play a big part in choosing between the two. The Versys might be too tall to be comfortable.
I tried the Versys. A buddy had one. A very nice versatile, comfortable bike, if you happen to be 6 or more feet tall. I needed to step on the peg to get on, and stop signs were.... interesting. The Ninja was no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts