Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the new Victory's, nothing really zooms me. Just last years bike with some new paint and names, oh, a 21" front tire with a slammed look, oh boy.

Another bar hopper, I know its more but....

Indians, sorry, I think it missed its mark. too much Victory/Polaris in it. Nothing wrong with that, quality is great, but it is supposed to be all new.

I own a 2010 Street Glide. I am not a Harley only type of guy, but the Rushmore with all its hype, to me kind of missed the mark also..missing the zoomed me here either.

Don't get me wrong, nice stuff, but....I really don't need an info system and lets be realistic, I don't care what you are riding, at 75+ mph, between the wind and other noises, sound quality is not there, besides, I like just hearing everything, not just my radio. I am not in a cage.

BMW, great touring and adventure, but somewhat pricey.

The imports,only think I liked, the Honda stripped down Gold Wing. But no cruise control, really??? A touring bike and no cruise?

As far as the rest go, they all look alike. All the cruisers look alike.

As far as the exotics go, the Guzzi, Triumph, etc, I ride to far and too many places not enough dealer support.

Sport bikes, too old, too fat and my reflex or lack of will get me in trouble with a bike that will do 160+

What would zoom me, who the hell knows. I am 57. Bring back my Kawasaki
Z1, or Honda CBX, or .......:71baldboy:

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Here's a Question.................... What more do you want ??????????????

IMO, I'm not sure there is much more technology or body style that can be offered on a motorcycle. If not OEM, than aftermarket surely would have most needs and wants covered for everyone. I can't think of one thing on my ride I would want or need, that people have not thought of already.

Joke follows................. For Example, HD has successfully stayed in business not changing much since the 50's........ :biggrin: I said it was a joke........ :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what I want....like I said, bring back a standard bike. Z1 CB 750

I got the joke, but it is true. Look at all the companies that have "copied" Harley.

If it works, it works.

BTW, I have heard all the HD jokes, in my younger days, I was telling those jokes. No way they could catch me on my Z1. :)

oh and no way I would get a custom. too much $$ and they just are not made for really riding.

·
American Legion Rider
20,060 Posts
Here's a Question.................... What more do you want ??????????????

IMO, I'm not sure there is much more technology or body style that can be offered on a motorcycle. If not OEM, than aftermarket surely would have most needs and wants covered for everyone. I can't think of one thing on my ride I would want or need, that people have not thought of already.

Joke follows................. For Example, HD has successfully stayed in business not changing much since the 50's........ :biggrin: I said it was a joke........ :p
I've always wondered why someone hasn't come out with electrical windscreen and visor wipers. They have just about covered every other issue for sure. I have been in places where I wished I'd have one. Dirty truck spray being one. Guess they would have to come up with a scratch proof screen and visor first though.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I am 57 also, and lately I've been looking at retros. I like the idea of looking at the older bikes again. Like the 60s models with the flat seat, for example. Or the classic look of the Royal Enfield.

-soupy

·
Registered
594 Posts
Polaris has done a great job with the Indians and Victory's and HD has responded with the Mount Rushmore project with much needed updates and improvements. Plenty of great bikes among those to choose from

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
I am 57 also, and lately I've been looking at retros. I like the idea of looking at the older bikes again. Like the 60s models with the flat seat, for example. Or the classic look of the Royal Enfield.

-soupy

This is the problem motorcyclists are now facing...............Almost everything has been thought of regarding both technology and body style, that consumers are forced to go back in time for something fresh.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The custom craze for baggers is just about played out. choppers are done, at least for now. what is next?

I have my ideas, but I am not giving them away.

I need someone who is artistic to draw some of my ideas. time will tell.

·
Nightfly
4,042 Posts
I've always wondered why someone hasn't come out with electrical windscreen and visor wipers. They have just about covered every other issue for sure. I have been in places where I wished I'd have one. Dirty truck spray being one. Guess they would have to come up with a scratch proof screen and visor first though.
Isn't that why they build cars?

·
Double Secret Probation
288 Posts
The imports,only think I liked, the Honda stripped down Gold Wing. But no cruise control, really??? A touring bike and no cruise?
When you consider the $5000 off MSRP discount that many dealers are offering on the F6B plus $1000 in free accessories, spending $1000 for an aftermarket cruise control does seem like such a bad deal.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
gcbengal;1164554.....................HD has responded with the Mount Rushmore project with much needed updates and improvements. ................[/QUOTE said:
What specific "updates and improvements" should I be looking for?

·
What?
865 Posts
I am pretty sure one of the Indians has a electric windscreen that you can move up and down.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
The Vision has an electric windshield that raises & lowers. It's a great thing when you're doing above 60 mph and even greater when it starts raining.

·
7,009 Posts
Having all of these wonderful choices is what makes motorcycling fun and keeps the innovations coming.

My 2012 Goldwing and my past BMW K1200LTC are/ were very sophisticated and overly competent touring mounts. Just a tad under these was my HD Electraglide.

My cruisers from 1500 Vulcans, 1500 Drifter, Honda VTX 1800, two Honda VTX 1300's and my last one, a 2010 Suzuki C1800R, each and every one got the job done.

My 160 mph crotch rockets and my high tech adventure bikes/ dualsports were also fantastic.

My first streetlegal bike was a Honda C110, 50cc bike and I had a ball on it.

I bring this up because choices just make the world go round.

I haven't seen any recent offerings from any MFG that doesn't turn me on.

76 bikes so far and not done yet!

Sam:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts