Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad couple of years and haven't rode. Stock tires have 20k on them. Do the American Elites fromDunlop wear as well as the D408?

·
American Legion Rider
21,797 Posts
I'd say about the same. They seemed better than the E3's that were stock on my current bike but I had an American Elite to replace the E3 with a quarter in hole. They all seemed about the same to me and my riding style. Now the E4's that have replaced the E3 are much better but that doesn't help in you question. I'm not sure if American Elites have gone through an upgrade like E3's or not is the reason I mention the E4. I thought there was one other Dunnie that was upgraded though. Be worth investigating.

·
Charter Member Black Bayou Basturds
380 Posts
Stock tires ??? 20 K ????.. iS THAT A FRONT TIRE? can only assume you're talking about Dunlops… what kind of riding do you do to get 20K miles out of a set of dunny's… No one in my riding group has ever got more than 15K out of stock on a touring bike

·
American Legion Rider
21,797 Posts
I got 20k on my front and I could have gone another 2k easy but I wanted to get a set of E4's and my rear American Elite that replaced the stock E3 which got a huge hole that couldn't be patched, had 15k but the TPMS in that tire stopped working so I just said screw it and went with the E4's instead of pushing it as I was at a 20k service. Just got everything done at once. There's not a lot of canyons where I am but even so, that would have just scrubbed off more of the sides. Proper air inflation plays a big role in tire mileage.(y) (y) (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts