Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post here.

I was planing on buying a used Versys 650 2013. Getting it for around 5k out the door.

Was wondering if you guys have any advice for me with that particular model if there are certain things to look for?

I'm buying this bike for my small commute and for short liesure trips on the weekend. If you have advice for something else please feel free to suggest.

My budget is around 5k and I'm open to inline 4,3 or even twin in the 600cc range.

This is technically my first large bike. I have riden on the street on 250 and 350cc motorcycles for over 6 years and have done around 40,000-50,000 miles in total by now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Love the Kawasaki Versys, but not the high seat height. I'm no shrimp, but still find the reach to the road daunting.

·
Moderator - Motorcycle Repair, Building, Restore
3,873 Posts
In my area, Suzuki SV650s are more common, easier to find used and, thus, less expensive. I see them under $4000 all the time. The one I had, while it was 10 years old, had been coddled by a woman owner and only had 5k miles on it when I bought it for $3000

·
Registered
809 Posts
I love my SFV650, which is what the SV650 was morphed into by Suzuki. FOr 2017, they are bringing back an updated SV650, with 5% more horsepower and 5% greater fuel efficiency than the SFV650. Not huge changes, but cool that they were able to improve both at the same time!

In my area, Suzuki SV650s are more common, easier to find used and, thus, less expensive. I see them under $4000 all the time. The one I had, while it was 10 years old, had been coddled by a woman owner and only had 5k miles on it when I bought it for $3000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts