Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can ride for about 10 or so miles before my bike dies on me mid-ride. I stop the bike, turn everything off and then turn it back on and the bike starts just fine. I ride for a couple of miles before it dies again and I repeat the process. This goes on every couple of miles until I get home. It only has 2600 miles on it. Does anyone know what could be the issue? I tightened the ground but it continues to die mid-ride.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sounds like it could be a possible vapor lock in the fuel tank causing fuel starvation, I've had that happen on a bike in the past. try loosening the gas cap and see if it still happens, if not you've found the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it could be a possible vapor lock in the fuel tank causing fuel starvation, I've had that happen on a bike in the past. try loosening the gas cap and see if it still happens, if not you've found the problem.
Thank you Zebraranger. I will mess with it this weekend and post an update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First thing I thought of too. I pinched the breather hose putting my tank on. Rode all the way to Canada with my gas cap loose so it wouldn't die before I figured it out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts