Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Metallic black. Riders adjustable backrest. Sport screen. Near new tires. Just serviced. Charging pigtail. Unbelievable bike, just google it for specs.

9,700 miles. Pristine condition.

$10,500 or best offer. [email protected] 417-388-1233

Carthage, Missouri 64836

At the intersection of Interstate 44 and 49.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Okay, I was trying to figure out why you were selling this jewel already and then the last pic explained it... you need the money to buy paint for the house... :biggrin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
Okay, I was trying to figure out why you were selling this jewel already and then the last pic explained it... you need the money to buy paint for the house... :biggrin:
:coffeescreen: Damn, I chocked on that one Doc.

What are you getting this time Pork?

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
Darn! You just got this. What gives Porky. You aren't going through a divorce are you?:D

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My incurable disease is kicking in and it forces me to appease it's desires by giving it a new ride!!!

My wife told me a long time ago that she wanted me to get a 3 wheel trike so that she'd not have to worry about me falling over. I never, ever have but she sees me strain as she gets on and off the bike and it concerns her.

I'm not sure what we'll get but I am sure impressed by the new Can-Am, 3 cylinder RT Spyders! On the forums, they seem to be super reliable, unlike the earlier V-twin models.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...o7Np-MNvpiw8qxq5Q&sig2=ZysJol_eZJQSg4OcxyfRaw

Sam:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
They are Porky. My wife thinks she wants to trade her RT in on the F3 RT too. Our dealer hasn't got one yet so I'm safe for awhile. But she's already told them she wants to test ride one when they get it. Sure glad she's still working.:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Porky you should wait for some of the new crop of "leaning trikes" to hit the market, like the Honda Neowing, if you're trying to decide what to get.

Trikes that can lean will still offer all the stability a rigid trike has at low speeds but will feel MUCH more natural when ridden at highway speeds.

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes, that new Honda Prototype looks very good.

Lots of Aging Children/ Baby Boomers, still wanting to ride are buying these types of vehicles before they have a problem, say with balance due to weak knees, hips and legs etc and not having to worry about sand, pea gravel and Bubba's Earl (OKIE for oil) coating every corner, light or stop sign in the Ozarks.

"you need the money to buy paint for the house... " QUOTE

The old house in the background is where my Grandfather, Grandmother, Aunt and Dad lived back in the 1920's. It is located in Bartlett, Kansas and is just North of a 20,000 acre Cattle and Horse ranch that my Dad worked for his uncle, W.T. Ducan.

Dear old uncle Walt was supposed to leave that ranch to my Dad but WW 2 changed things as my Dad left the Ranch and joined the 101st Screaming Eagles.

The Stein family bought the ranch from my uncle Walt's adopted family in about 1968. This place is about 100 miles almost due west of where I live and it's one of my favorite rides:biggrin:

***** If I do decide to actually buy one of these 3 wheeler's, It will sure be hard to give up the ROCKET, as it is the ultimate statement of exclusivity and POWER:icon_cool:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
You'll have plenty of time Porky. You don't keep a bike that long anyway.:D

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
3 wheels

The first car for sale to the public had 3 wheels. A guy in England makes replicas.
The Yamaha dealer near me is also a CanAm dealer. They look cool, and they are becoming more popular.
There is a farm in Ozz, that is 450 miles along each side. 202500 square miles.
Some guys have worked there for twenty years, and not met other fellow workers. They need 15 times as much land in Ozz to raise one sheep, as in NZ.
Every few years they will have a drouth ( drought ) and a kill off. NZ sends them replacements.Kind of like there good rugby players.
I think we have a couple of Ozzies in this group.
Dear old grand dad of a friend bought 3 lots on a popular island near here. They are now valued at around $1m each. They would be worth about $150,000- on my Island.

Unkle Crusty

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Gotta ask...

best offer?
did you get any offers cause if you haven't its mine for $1!!:biggrin:

Tell me honestly, can you part with it?

is that a vvvv 6666? I see in there among all those shiny parts?

what a neat looking impressor. I bet there is a long face on you when you turn it.

sorry boo hoo:frown:
WAAAAH!!

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say what??:confused:

No problem, $1 is fine if that's all you can afford:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
Size matters.

I recall they are an inline 3 around 2300cc.
But I may be wrong.
Counting intakes and plugs, rather than exhaust ports, is usually a more reliable indication.
But modern engines usually have one exhaust per cylinder.
The Rocket 3 may also be a good clue.

Unkle Krusty.

·
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sold the Triumph today:biggrin:

Sam:71baldboy:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,370 Posts
Congrats/condolences, you pick.

·
American Legion Rider
23,697 Posts
I'd get rid of that avatar or you'll be reminded depending on the potential for remorse or glee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts