Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pearl White. Clearview windshield. 2 ball mounts. Electric windshield. Charging pigtail. Rack for topcase. Darksided: Automotive tire on rear. ABS. The scooter is immaculate. Recently serviced.

$7,499 or best offer. [email protected] 417-388-1233

Carthage, Missouri 64836 @ Interstate 44 and 49 intersection.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
You cleaning the garage? Keeping anything?

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Someone may want to know the mileage though.

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage on the Burgman currently is: 9,995 miles.:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must sell the Burgman soon!:(

Stock almost new rear tire goes with it!;)

$6,750:eek:

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Doesn't Wade Nelson need a scooter?

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would ask him but he'd flip me off:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
You need to bait by saying Obama would ride it and he's not a good Obama supporter if he doesn't ride one.:D

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Hey', I'm a loyal Obama supporter!

I'd have already bought it but State Farm is balking on paying the claim! I've had to go back and get MY insurance company involved.

Turns out since I wasn't physically injured, LawTigers, etc. aren't interested in pursuing purely a property loss claim. @#$#@$ lawyers.

I refuse to lie and fake a back/neck...injury just to get compensated. Sorry, but as my father once said, "We are Nelsons, we are honest and we obey the law..."

Well, except for certain traffic/speed laws, of which I am scofflaw ;)

I love how the 650 Burg rides although I despise the Kardashian/Coco ass on the thing.

If and when I ever get paid I may contact you. It's between your Burg and a 2016 Yamaha S-max, their new little scooter.

You probably already read my "How much markup is too much" thread about my effort to buy one of those...I absolutely HATE paying over $2000 in taxes, markup, destination charges & other b.s.

Tell you what. Promise me you'll vote for Bernie, the Commie, and I'll buy your scoot ;)

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Now that's a bad deal all the way around!!!!!

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking:smiley_mornincoffee:smiley_mornincoffee

Sam;)

·
American Legion Rider
23,542 Posts
Well Porky you can do what the Democrats do. Lie. Say you will sell for a vote then do what you please.

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Hey', I'm a loyal Obama supporter!

I'd have already bought it but State Farm is balking on paying the claim! I've had to go back and get MY insurance company involved.

Turns out since I wasn't physically injured, LawTigers, etc. aren't interested in pursuing purely a property loss claim. @#$#@$ lawyers.

I refuse to lie and fake a back/neck...injury just to get compensated. Sorry, but as my father once said, "We are Nelsons, we are honest and we obey the law..."

Well, except for certain traffic/speed laws, of which I am scofflaw ;)

I love how the 650 Burg rides although I despise the Kardashian/Coco ass on the thing.

If and when I ever get paid I may contact you. It's between your Burg and a 2016 Yamaha S-max, their new little scooter.

You probably already read my "How much markup is too much" thread about my effort to buy one of those...I absolutely HATE paying over $2000 in taxes, markup, destination charges & other b.s.

Tell you what. Promise me you'll vote for Bernie, the Commie, and I'll buy your scoot ;)
After getting cheated out of half the value of my car by the tricksters at USAA insurance, this is what I would do. First, if you have collision insurance, just collect from your own insurer and let them sue State Farm for what they can get. If all you have is liability and not collision coverage, your insurance company will not fight any battles for you, even if your nice agent says they will. Expect State farm to troll craigs list for dirt cheap bikes with which to set the price of your totaled bike. There is also a company called CCC that sets prices for totaled bikes, and that is the exact tactic that they use. BTW, CCC is an experian company, and they call wrecking yards to set prices as well. Personally. I would take my chances with a judge in court to set the value of my totaled bike. Just make sure that you have good documentation as to its condition, comparable sales in your area, ect. Of course also Blue Book prices.
If you do not have collision insurance, sue the person directly. The at fault person may not want to go to court and might persuade State Farm to settle the case. If you go to court and win a judgement, you can enforce the judgement by a garnishee of wages. Another way to go is to get the at fault person's license suspended until they pay up.[at least you can do this in Ohio in a lawsuit involving damage caused by a motor vehicle]

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but after dealing directly with a situation that you describe, I would not wait around for State Farm to play nice. The longer it goes, the worse they will behave, in my experience.

Oh, and if you are a loyal supporter of Fearless Leader, buy some stock in gun companies. Every time he bumps his gums together about more "common sense gun laws" , gun sales skyrocket...:icon_cool:

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price lowered to $6,000.:eek:

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put the Burgman on Craigslist a week or so ago and it sold today:biggrin:

The Trumpet is still for sale.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
1 down 1 to go

·
8,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold about a month ago to a local Minister that calls me all the time to tell me how much he enjoys the maxi-scooter experience!:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts