Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an ad for a cheap one about 45 minutes from me. The ad doesn't mention anything negative and the pictures look great, but I expect there must be something, because the trade-in value for those is supposed to be close to $2k and this one is $1.5k... anyway, these are good for a new rider, right? Good commuter?

Ad says:
This is a 2012 Honda cbr 250 I bought from the original owner and couple months back, it runs perfect it looks amazing and it is a very reliable and fun to ride bike. Great bike for anyone wanting to get out on the road. Will pass MD inspection

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,515 Posts
Saw an ad for a cheap one about 45 minutes from me. The ad doesn't mention anything negative and the pictures look great, but I expect there must be something, because the trade-in value for those is supposed to be close to $2k and this one is $1.5k... anyway, these are good for a new rider, right? Good commuter?

Ad says:

Might just be someone who purchased it as a new rider and looking to move up to something bigger.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully, still waiting to hear back from the seller. Do I need a notarized bill of sale if the bike is less than 7 years old? That's kind of what the Maryland DMV seems to be saying... but I can just draft the BoS with the seller and then have it notarized later, right? I have a notary in my office who can do that... but surely the MD DMV doesn't expect people to bring a notary to the sale?! :-D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Notary strictness varies a lot, I know PA car titles require a notary, and I for sure didn't have the notary with me when the seller signed the title. I would be very, very surprised if the notary gives a hoot, and even more surprised if the next notary also refuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts