Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Girls,
Im new to riding and in my early 60's lol yeah I know, a bit late but loving it.
I live on the Sunshine Coast, Qld, Australia. Perfect weather most of the year. Look forward to reading others views, problems and solutions.
Regards to all
Paul

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

Other members do like to know they are welcoming a real person so thanks
for letting us know a little about yourself.:smile: Normally just a few more
posts(count of 3) and the rest of the site will open to you. This is the sites
spambot control. Unfortunately it is needed today. But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures. Right or wrong it's considered a privilege
to be able to post pictures. Unless you use Tapatalk which somehow
gets around that restriction.

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us:grin:
We have a few members from your general area of the world.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi SoxOz
Good to here from another Aussie. What do you ride? Apparently i cant attach photos yet as i am new to the forum. Keep track i will post some as soon as i am able and can work it out.
Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried attaching a photo via the p a per clip symbol without a ny luck. May need a little help and advice on how to attach photo lol.

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,504 Posts
Hiyas Paul. You will need a few more post before you will be able to add/upload pictures, welcome from Hoosierland USA (Hartford City, Indiana USA)

:71baldboy:

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
Hiyas Paul. You will need a few more post before you will be able to add/upload pictures, welcome from Hoosierland USA (Hartford City, Indiana USA)

:71baldboy:
Yep, what ^^^ she said and I said...

But you have to make 15
posts before you can post pictures.

·
Aussie Cruizer
145 Posts
Hi SoxOz
Good to here from another Aussie. What do you ride? Apparently i cant attach photos yet as i am new to the forum. Keep track i will post some as soon as i am able and can work it out. Cheers
Hi Paul, ride a 2010 Shadow Spirit VT750C2 EFI.
You'll need to post a few more times before you can post photos, as it's already been said. Look forward to seeing some when you can...
Here's a few shots of my Ride... In the 2nd shot, mines closest & my mates is behind... :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking set up mate. Can't wait to share a few pics of my ride and get out on the road where i want and when i want. Only another month on my L's

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hello Paul,

I'm also a new member and also share the perspective that six decades of life can give one. I rode when I was younger, but a series of events got in the way for about 25 years, so I've just come back to riding two years ago.

I don't think that there's any reason we can't ride until an advanced age, as long as there aren't specific issues health issues, like bone degradation, that prevent it.

Was thinking of getting a Vstar 650 myself, as a second bike, since the bike I got back into riding with is marginal for expressway travel. The Suzuki C50 800, Yamaha VStar 650, and the Honda Shadow 750 are the bikes that I have been considering. Unlike most of my countrymen, (the USA), I think that 650 ccs is enough, and I enjoy the benefits of a medium weight bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Guys & Girls,
Im new to riding and in my early 60's lol yeah I know, a bit late but loving it.
I live on the Sunshine Coast, Qld, Australia. Perfect weather most of the year. Look forward to reading others views, problems and solutions.
Regards to all
Paul
Paul, welcome from Texas. I had the pleasure of visiting your part of the world last year. Fabulous people and fabulous climate. Enjoy the bejeebers out of riding!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Johnnyvee
Great attitude about age and riding. Can't wait to have the freedom to get out on my own when i want (depending on partner lol) when i get off my L's. We have the best weather here atm at mid to high 20's and can ony get better. With coastal and hinterland at our door step it is the perfect place for riding. Pity work still gets in the way too. Happy riding all. Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey blackadda.
Yeah we are in the land of plenty for riding, for sure, with the perfect weather on us now. Had to put the bike in the workshop yesterday with the engine light issue. All research i did, here and other forums, couldnt fix the problem myself. Hopefully not to big of issue. They assured me I'll be back on for the weekend. Let me know if you are ever down under again to catchup for a ride and a drink or 2 after we put our babies to bed lol never mix riding and drinking.
Cheers mate

·
Ace Tuner
3,494 Posts
Hey blackadda.
Yeah we are in the land of plenty for riding, for sure, with the perfect weather on us now. Had to put the bike in the workshop yesterday with the engine light issue. All research i did, here and other forums, couldnt fix the problem myself. Hopefully not to big of issue. They assured me I'll be back on for the weekend. Let me know if you are ever down under again to catchup for a ride and a drink or 2 after we put our babies to bed lol never mix riding and drinking.
Cheers mate
Welcome Paul,

Please let us know what the workshop guys find wrong with your V-Star.

SemiFast

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sure will update on the progress as soon as the mechanic can get to it. He is a week behind atm as he is so good and popular. Dissapointing unable to ride this weekend. All good thingscome to those who wait, lol like the bill ?. Seeing this izs my 15th share I'll attempt to post a photo or video. Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts