Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding this bike for about 2 months now and bikes are new to me. My buddy said we should check the coolant and top it off the next time we're in the garage. So I'm looking through my owner's manual, and there is no mention of coolant or a coolant reservoir anywhere whatsoever.

This is also straight out of the specifications diagram page: Cooling System / Oiling System -------- Air & Oil

So... does this bike not take coolant of any kind, just cools the engine purely by air (and maybe the oil itself)?

Has anyone put coolant in this bike?

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Cooling System / Oiling System -------- Air & Oil
Does not. It's air and oil cooled. That's what the above
statement in your owners manual meant.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The world is slap-full of air-cooled engines in everything from lawnmowers to motorcycles to high-performance aircraft. For many decades, virtually all motorcycles were air-cooled, and plenty still are.

·
Visionary
2,944 Posts
All Victory bikes are primarily air/ oil cooled but came with an advanced feature, auxiliary water cooling.
Many people are not aware of this special feature, since it activates automatically
when ridden in the rain :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All Victory bikes are primarily air/ oil cooled but came with an advanced feature, auxiliary water cooling.
Many people are not aware of this special feature, since it activates automatically
View attachment 60226
Good to know. That may explain what the radiator looking thing we figured would need coolant is on the front of the bike. I didn't see anything like that in the owner's manual either though.

·
Visionary
2,944 Posts
Good to know. That may explain what the radiator looking thing we figured would need coolant is on the front of the bike. I didn't see anything like that in the owner's manual either though.
Did you click the word SPOILER?
:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I did, sorry. Nice looking bike, man! It's a little too sporty-looking for my taste, in the sense that the fairing reminds me of a crotch rocket, but I bet it's really comfortable for long trips.
My bb
Edit: Just realized you have already seen my bike on my introduction thread.

·
Visionary
2,944 Posts
I meant the picture of my bike in the rain was a joke, it's water cooled when it's RAINING!
:cool:
Sorry to confuse you.
That radiator looking thing in the front of your bike is the oil cooler, hot oil goes through it, and the air goes through cooling the oil.
No other coolants required.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,495 Posts
View attachment 60226
you are bad Mike! But I knew where you were headed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts