Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 CBR600RR Phoenix Edition 97 miles!!!!

I'm selling my 2009 Honda CBR600RR. The bike is in excellent condition. In fact, it only has 97 miles on it. I've never gotten the chance to ride it due to military deployments and moves. The bike has been garaged since being purchased in 2010. I'm asking for $7,000 obo.

List Date: 6/27/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2009 CBR600RR Phoenix Edition 97 miles!!!!
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
This looks like a scam thread run regularly on Craigslist.

Do NOT send money. Cash on the barrelhead for a title in hand only!

W

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please don't leave negative comments under my post. If you have a question just ask! I'm not into the scamming business.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Nothing personal, but I've seen dozens of motorcycle ads "for sale" for guys who are "in the military" or "in Afghanistan" or whatever and they invariably request money be WIRED, Western Unioned, PayPal'd to whenever wherever and the bike will be "delivered" as it's PERFECTLY CLEAN almost BRAND NEW and...in truth, non-existent.

Craigslist/Paypal even WARN sellers that "offers to ship or deliver vehicles" are almost 100% fraudulent.

Anyone buying this or any other bike for sale, see the bike in person, test drive it, or have someone VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE about bikes test drive it FOR YOU, see that the title has the SELLER'S name on it and not some 3rd party they "won it from in a poker game" and that the VIN# on the bike and title match and exchange cash for a clean title and bike IN A BANK LOBBY OR STARBUCKS or POLICE STATION LOBBY where the seller's thug friends cannot rob you of the cash you've brought to purchase the bike.

How you get that bike inside a Starbucks or Bank lobby is your problem, not mine... ;)

While conducting the transaction have YOUR friend stand by the bike (or padlock it to a pole) so someone using a duplicate key cannot ride off into the sunset on the bike while you stand in the bank lobby with a key and a fake or legit DUPLICATE title after handing the seller cash.

Nothing personal, ECJones This is America, 2015 and buyers NEED to be-AWARE. If you and your bike are 100% above board then you should have no objection to ANY of these precautions. Right?

Good luck selling it, looks like a great ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you and as the seller I'm very cautious of scams. I've put this bike for sale on craigslist and someone tried to scam me into sending them money via Western Union. Lol.

If someone was interested in this bike I would hope they set up a date and time to see it in person, test ride it, or send a reliable person to do so as you stated. Also, I have the title in hand so there won't be any third party dealings.

This is America and people are always trying to get over on someone but that's not the case here. Thanks for you input.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
My suggestion FOR YOU ECJones is do not accept a Cashiers Check - anymore, they are being widely counterfeited. Color laser printers are simply "too good."

Accept a cashiers or bank check ONLY if you are in the lobby of the bank that issued it and they are willing to cash it on the spot.

Oh, and btw, ask to borrow their Yellow pen and test all the older Benjamins they hand you. Ask anyone who's received a counterfeit FROM A BANK how well they did getting it exchanged.

Again, it's sad, it's wrong, but it's 2015.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts