Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my bike just under a year from buying off a couple that was going overseas, I have been riding it with no problems until about the past month where every little bump I hit (whether I have a passenger or not) the bikes shuts off. After looking over several things which after diagnosing this and that, I have narrowed it down to the cut-off switch located by the kick stand. Is there anyway to adjust this where it doesn't continue to do this? It seems to have a some kind of 14mm lock-nut on top with a 17mm bolt on the other side of the kick stand. When you move the kick stand you can see the normal wear and tear of metal rubbing from all the putting the kick stand up and down, however I can't seem to adjust any or do I have to remove the upper lock nut completely and try to reset it somehow? Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I had a 2008 C50 and after 13K miles never had a problem....before you try the nut, check the spring on the kickstand see if it's stretched out any, it may be just loose enough to let the kickstand bounce when you hit a bump....I don't know if the sensor is adjustable or not

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
The spring going slack is one common issue, and the switch getting stiff from road grime is the other. If the switch needs cleaning, it won't allow the spring to press it much beyond the point where it closes, and small movements of the stand will cause your problem.

So, check that the spring hasn't lost its pull, and thoroughly clean the switch; perhaps put some silicone grease around the plunger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts