Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My 2007 Hyosung 250cc comet starts to sputter after driving it for about 30min. Usually it does it when I take off from a red light. I have to play with the clutch and the accelerator. Sometimes it will sputter in 2 or 3rd gear as well. Is it the carburetor, spark plugs, gas in the tank? Again its only after I've been riding for 30mins or longer.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Hi Tim...

Not familiar with your bike specifically, but if you brought it into my shop I would ask you a ton of questions and then test ride the bike myself to define the problem. I lack that ability in a forum. SOOooo... If you can answer some questions, I might be able to narrow down the problem. First, where do you live (Geographically), is this a suddenly new problem, meaning the bike ran fine and then this just started happening recently?

Without knowing the answers to those questions I can only take uneducated guesses at the problem... but it sounds time-heat related. So either you are experiencing an ignition problem, or you start the bike with the choke on and then don't shut it off when the engine is warmed up... more info is needed here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Busan, South Korea. I bought it second hand from a guy a few days ago. I'm guessing it was doing it beforehand too, but i'm not sure for how long. I don't ride it with the choke on. I've played around with that as well. If it's a time heat problem what would I have to do to fix it?

·
American Legion Rider
25,957 Posts
Check you battery connections. Heat causes expansion and you could be getting slight separation of connections. Check plug wires for same.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
It could be that the fuel tank is not venting correctly, starving the engine for fuel.

It's easy to test. Ride until it starts acting up, then pull over and open the gas cap for a few seconds then close it. If it runs fine for a while after that, the vent is plugged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts