Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crosspost from Motorcycle Manufacturers/Honda

I know this is likely a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever attempted to swap the stock handlebars on an '07 VT750C2 out for a set of ape hangers (Specifically, 14 inch ones).
Right now it's in a shed (protected) in the middle of a Canadian Winter with the door frozen shut, and I'm trying to figure out if I should plan on having to get longer cables for the throttle, clutch, front brake...

Wondering if anyone has ever done this swap, or a similar one, and if the stock cables were long enough.

Thanks all!

·
Ace Tuner
3,741 Posts
Never done "ape hangers" but I have changed handlebars from one type to a different type on several motorcycles that required longer cables and such.
With apes you will need longer everything, including wiring to the switchcases located at the grips on each side.
Motion-Pro can supply the custom cables you'll need. Any good M/C parts department can supply you with "build your own" brake line parts for the longer brake hose but you get to build the longer wire harness (lengths) going to the switchcases.

S F

1 - 2 of 2 Posts