Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a bike for sale. It's advertised as a 2006 Honda Shadow VT750 Spirit, and the guy tells me it has a shaft drive. All the specs I can find online for 2006 Spirit 750 say they have a chain drive. What am I missing?

·
Ace Tuner
3,741 Posts
I am looking at a bike for sale. It's advertised as a 2006 Honda Shadow VT750 Spirit, and the guy tells me it has a shaft drive. All the specs I can find online for 2006 Spirit 750 say they have a chain drive. What am I missing?
Nothing, the guy doesn't know what he's selling. :plain:

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
Nothing, the guy doesn't know what he's selling. :plain:
Is it at all possible he converted one by putting a different engine and driveline in it? If he did I'd think he'd give a lot more information. Chances are he's just trying to sell something he got in inheritance or the like. Maybe even garage sale so has never ridden it. But I throw that out as a possible. I'd certainly question him and request pictures if there aren't already some available.

Reactions: Jewel

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
Here's another example.

I really like this bike.

Could anyone tell me why HD didn't sue Honda because this bike is 90% Sportster 883:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it at all possible he converted one by putting a different engine and driveline in it? If he did I'd think he'd give a lot more information. Chances are he's just trying to sell something he got in inheritance or the like. Maybe even garage sale so has never ridden it. But I throw that out as a possible. I'd certainly question him and request pictures if there aren't already some available.
It's listed by Moto Authority in Albuquerque. I have been corresponding with the shop owner, and I would think he could have converted it, but why wouldn't he have said it was converted? He should at least know what he's selling. Should I be concerned that I'm having to ask about this, rather than the information being offered? I put a small deposit to hold it until I can get to Albuquerque to see it, but now I'm having second thoughts.

(I would have provided a link to the cycletrader listing, but my post count isn't high enough yet)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,658 Posts
just type it out and someone with more posts can pick it up and make the link for you.

Reactions: Jewel
1 - 9 of 9 Posts