Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Too many bikes, have to sell this one. I've owned it since the summer of '07, and have made a few changes, most of which are reversible, as I kept the parts taken off. Like: Progressive suspension, Jardine exhaust, many chrome bits. A few photos are here: http://s897.photobucket.com/user/WintrSol/library/Suzuki photos?sort=3&page=1. I can add more on request. All fluids are changed every year, except coolant, which has been changed twice. Valves are carefully adjusted, and carbs well synchronized. A few scratches on the paint, front fender has the worst scratch - see photo. TourTank easily comes off, with a self-closing connection under the Mustang seat. Tires are two years old, only have about 1000-2000 miles (too many bikes).

Asking $2000, local pick up; if you want it shipped, that's up to you to provide.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
I see you still have your Solstice

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a custom chrome fuse box cover that says 'My last toy - maybe'. I'll probably have it another 20 years!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
:) it is a lot of fun

·
8,574 Posts
Beautiful cool cruiser and outfitted well!

A new member on the forum, a 'Crownofthorns,' is looking for a nice cruiser so I told him about yours.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Don't tell too many people, I keep looking at it and thinking how I need another bike just for riding to work and back.

If it were riding weather, I may have already headed to Missouri.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ill have to try to sit on one of these ASAP to see how it feels - in the pictures it looks small (im 6'2 280) but it may be way bigger in person

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't mislead you, COT, it is a smaller bike; many riders your size add forward controls because of this. I'm 5'7", so am comfortable with it as is, and use the hwy pegs for leaning back on the backrest; they are adjustable, so may be able to be set for your legs.

I made a list of all the mods, if anyone is interested in them.

·
8,574 Posts
He previously rode a CBR 250,which is a 2/3 scale bike so your cruiser would feel very comfy!

I don't think he will be able to sit on one though since there aren't a lot around that I know of. I think the 1400cc model is just like yours so maybe he could find one of those and try it.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, the VS1400, AKA S83, is nearly identical, but just a bit larger, frame-wise. They even use many of the same parts.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold via eBay last night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts