Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I warm the bike up, it ran fine. I hopped on it drove about an eighth of a mile down a dirt road, all of a sudden the bike stops running, all the electronics work except the speedometer / odometer but the lights that light it up still work, cranks wonderfully just won't start. I'm also missing the buzzing sound of the fuel sending unit kicking on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I would check the air filter first. Maybe enough dirt got inside to make it cough up a hairball. Then check to see if you are getting fuel. Its possible the pump burned out. Do you run it on empty alot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your response but no I ended up ripping everything off the bike the gas tank all the covers looking for a fuse ripped the battery the headlamp everything follow the wiring because it was so bizarre that I would get lighting on the speedometer but no actual odometer activity. The last cover I take off has a fuse box sitting in this little black case down by the back tire, I rip the fuse out for the fuel pump throw the spare and BAM fired right up. Un believable WTF!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome to the life of a mechanic....it's always the last thing you come across......just like me having to rip the entire toolbox apart this morning looking for the 14mm only to find out it's in the very back of the last draw...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So as it turns out after ripping absolutely every cover, headlight, gas tank, fender fairing, piece of plastic off my motorcycle, I finally found the fuse box, that how's i found the burnt fuse, for the fuel sending unit and swap it out and for one that works fantastically. plus i had to look for multiple tools multiple times immediately after I laid them down, so I can appreciate where you are comming from. But thank you for your response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts