Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was riding my 2004 yamaha FZ6 and when I down shifted I had an issue. Down shifting from 6th gear to 3rd gear was not an issue but tonight it didnt want to shift any lower. I had to keep trying to down shift to get it just into 2nd gear and it was even worse trying to get it back into neutral and 1st gear. I have had the bike for almost a month now, it had 5500 some odd miles on it since then i have put almost 400 miles on it.

It also started to make this clicking noise while i ride i just noticed that today. I always let the bike warm up before i take it out, today was a nice 72 degrees so i didnt let it warm up as long as i would on a cooler day. The clicking noise doesnt over power the sound of the exhaust. I live in new york so i have to get it inspected i just want to see what you guys say. Thank you for the help!

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
A clicking noise could mean it needs a valve adjustment. I'd check those first.

Hard shifting is usually a problem internal to the transmission. There's really no cheap fix if that is the problem. The first thing to verify is that the clutch is operating correctly.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Windy... What Dodsfall said is all good advice, but when your bike is warmed up, what rpm does it idle at? Also, when was the last time your chain was checked and or adjusted?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts