Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bonne has A 19" wheel on the front, with A 90 something tire .quite narrow. I adjusted the air pressure in it to 22lbs, but am getting verbal ubuse, on it being unsafe. At this pressure.What can you share with me, to get this harder ride out of it. The front suspension works As it should. just the that the seams in the asphalt ..are the reason for this post.
bob s

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think it's best to go with what air pressure the bike recommends, but heck, I'm new to riding, so other's may have better suggestions. I hate the seams/cracks in the pavement and try to avoid them. If I have to cross over one, I try to do it at an angle if possible. To me it seems like the bike wants to go where the seam/crack goes, I don't like to let the bike decide, I like being in control.

Low air pressure will shorten the life of the tire and take away traction that you need to be safe in corners.

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's best to go with what air pressure the bike recommends, but heck, I'm new to riding, so other's may have better suggestions. I hate the seams/cracks in the pavement and try to avoid them. If I have to cross over one, I try to do it at an angle if possible. To me it seems like the bike wants to go where the seam/crack goes, I don't like to let the bike decide, I like being in control.

Low air pressure will shorten the life of the tire and take away traction that you need to be safe in corners.
thank you Zippy I ride about like "pee wee herman" did his bicycle in pee wees to bile/ far As wear out if i can make this america ride aliitle better i am open to suggestions//

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Riding with the air pressure too low in the tires can be dangerous because of the risk of tire failure. You don't want a blowout on two wheels.

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding with the air pressure too low in the tires can be dangerous because of the risk of tire failure. You don't want a blowout on two wheels.
well we have answered eveything cept but what i needed to know! but thanks dodsfall bob s

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Replacing the suspension with higher quality fork springs and shocks can provide a softer ride.

Whose frnt progressive springs would you install?jus askin / need a brand name.Some in pictures /brands they look like they are wound further and tighter --in one end than they are in the other?

thank you Dodsfall appreciated greatly bob s:coffee:

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Changing the suspension will also change the handling. Running the tire low on pressure will cause the tire to cup, wear unevenly, and cause unsafe handling, sidewall flex will be greatly increased and allow the tire to contact the road incorrectly.

I have a 90/90-21 on the front of my bike, it handles the cracks and seams in the road much better when properly inflated, that makes riding more comfortable. I go by the tire as far as inflation, that is what the tire manufacturer tests them at for safety and reliability. The numbers on the bike are just an average that gives the best ride, and that leads to longer component lifespan.

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Changing the suspension will also change the handling. Running the tire low on pressure will cause the tire to cup, wear unevenly, and cause unsafe handling, sidewall flex will be greatly increased and allow the tire to contact the road incorrectly.

I have a 90/90-21 on the front of my bike, it handles the cracks and seams in the road much better when properly inflated, that makes riding more comfortable. I go by the tire as far as inflation, that is what the tire manufacturer tests them at for safety and reliability. The numbers on the bike are just an average that gives the best ride, and that leads to longer component lifespan.

only reason for lowering pressure, was because this B/A has a large tire on the back and this big 19" skinny tire on the front . maybe it would be better to find the stock front rim- and get a Bette ride altogether ...whats your take on doing this? bob s

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
axel in front had play in it .not enough washer shims so i tighened it up now hits lots softer thanks all for the help bob s

·
bsa_bob
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you Zippy I ride about like "pee wee herman./ far As wear out -if i can make this america ride a little better i am open to suggestions//
hope i can get this going......yes i did i had the wheel loose between the fork tubes , one more washer took care of it ,tire prssue back to normal thanks all bob s

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
What about switching to a car tire? Nothing like someone putting a car tire on a motorcycle to get the comments flying!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I don't think ANYONE could flat foot it either. LOL

But it would make a statement riding down mainstreet USA.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,487 Posts
you don't have to flat foot it Moni, just have good balance on those wide tires

1 - 20 of 21 Posts