Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bike a week ago and have already had to pay $165.25 to get it out of the tow yard after a 140 in a 75. Can anyone tell me a little about this monster?
7 gears with a top speed of around 200mph? Cobra pipes with spark plugs on the ends of each pipe for what? Reigniting emissions? Whats its value?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ah, you must have the special import model where specs are measured in kilo-somethingorothers, but quoted in milesperhour...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two possibilities on the exhaust. Either these are not spark plugs, but rather emission sensors, or your bike had an after market rig to shoot flames out the exhaust for show.

I'm pretty sure that there is no factory setup that attempts to burn unused fuel in the exhaust pipe.

·
Ace Tuner
3,483 Posts
A hundred and forty mile per hour Vulcan 1500 :surprise:
Hey, I know a guy that has a flame thrower exhaust. His bike has spark plugs in the pipes.
Says it's good for tailgaters...

·
American Legion Rider
25,892 Posts
I used to turn the key off and back on which result in a very big loud bang on my BMW K100LT with a Bub muffler. That got people to back way off. I first thought I might be throwing a flame but I did it with my wife following and she said it was just the bang. Said she could feel it as well as hear it. I miss that bike. I've tried it on other bikes and got nothing.:crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I had a 2003 Mean Streak......but I didn't have what you got
Mine had a 5 speed........2500rpm 55mph redline 6 or 6500, I never had it over 100

It wasn't as much of a license loser as the Yamaha Stryker, but was a bit better in the curves

At 140 in 75 I wouldn't imagine you have a license

1 - 9 of 9 Posts