Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find a drivers backrest for my 2003 Harley Heritage Softail, the Dealer says that I have to change out the stock seat to get one, I have checked with several vendors, same story, then I spotted this on ebay, I sent vendor the question asking if it would work with the stock seat? he says absolutely! Anyone had any experience with this particular Drivers Backrest??
Eye??

Well....picture and Link didnt show up when I posted it......Sigh!!:frown:

Harley Heritage Softail Fatboy Motorcycle Driver Backrest 93-06 EZ ON/OFF
Harley Heritage Softail Fatboy Mot
Price: $80.00
Buy it now
Watchers: 99
Quantity Remaining: 12

Thanks!
Ed

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
This backrest was the only one I was aware until the post above about Grasshopper.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Hey Ed, does your bike have separate driver and pillion pads, or is it one unit? If it's a one unit set-up, I don't understand how this backrest would attach.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Ed, does your bike have separate driver and pillion pads, or is it one unit? If it's a one unit set-up, I don't understand how this backrest would attach.
I hear ya Eye, I think the Pillion is attached to the Drivers seat, its all stock. NOOOO...I think maybe its seperate...WTH?? I am not 100% Sure...tell ya what, I will post or email a pic of the seat on my bike and maybe from that it will be obvious?
I questioned the seller on ebay and they show 155 sold...no negative comments I could find. I did figure out how to attach the link to what I found ( I think LOL). It does show a pic of it...whatta ya think Eye?? Can you click on this?
Ed

Heritage Softail Drivers Backrest | eBay
www.ebay.com/bhp/heritage-softail-drivers-backrest
eBay
Find great deals on eBay for Heritage Softail Drivers Backrest in Seats. ... 1993' - 2006' (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, . ... Fits: '93-'06 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage/FatBoy with stock seat.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I just looked at the P+A catalog for your bike and it looks like the pillion pad bolts on to the back of your seat, so it should be able to be taken off to insert some sort of quick detach part for the new backrest. I've never seen the one you posted a link to, but as long as they guarantee it will fit and have some kind of return policy, I'd go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts