Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike was running fine the other day now fuel pump doesn't prime and it wont crank/turn over battery is brand new just put one in thinking that was the problem theres no clicking or anything now as well

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
check all your battery connections, and ignition connections

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ignition connections as in where the key goes im not mechanically inclined so lost for the most part lol and will check the battery connections I mean the speedo comes on and tail lights as well if that helps at all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also all fuses have been changed when battery was changed as I was told those were the easiest things to check first before it just wouldn't crank but when key was turned and kill switch was put to "on" fuel pump would prime but no crank kept trying over and over then the fuel pump stopped priming that's when I put the new battery and fuses I have my bas bypassed so I know its not anything to do with that

·
14,359 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? Check the connections (electrical) of the cables to the ignition, make sure you have power. Find a service manual for your bike so you can trace the wireing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a multimeter? Check the connections (electrical) of the cables to the ignition, make sure you have power. Find a service manual for your bike so you can trace the wireing
just downloaded one few minutes ago and the ignition is brand new also replaced that because I had read about a lot of different occasions were people have had problems with the pink wire in the ignition for this specific model bike/year

·
14,359 Posts
Did the problems start after you replaced the ignition? Check all those connections and wires. Have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the problems start after you replaced the ignition? Check all those connections and wires. Have you checked the fuses?
no they started before the ignition I replaced it because I was reading something about a pink wire from the ignition that can cause those problems that are happening to me so ordered new ignition got new battery changed all the fuses and still same problems with the addition of no fuel prime as well now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hypothetically speaking lets say I was to change the starter, stator, rectifier and fuel pump since if I do this all on my own im looking at about 200 in parts and the problem continues to persist what would you think it could be? bad grounds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also im going to bypass the kill switch and put a momentary push button since it would be easier then removing the kill switch to clean the connections ect. what could it possibly be...

Also sorry for the double posting if it is against the rules cant find a edit button :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts