Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working on my bike for about 2 weeks now. I've had to remove and install my carbs about 50 times by now. Just finished syncing the carbs after installing new carb kit and bike is running so much better but still having issues. Bike idles perfect sounds great when i rev it up not as much popping any more. But no matter what gear I'm in, I have to rotate throttle at least 1/4-1/2 turn to get any real power. But once it catches it feels and sounds GREAT. I'm thinking it's starving for gas in the lower rpms. Maybe the floats need adjusting or the pms screws do. I really don't want to take the carbs off again so I was wondering is there a trick to adjust the air/gas screw while carb is still on bike just to see if there's any difference?

·
Registered
212 Posts
https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/new-owner-must-do-list the 1100 is a great bike but there are a couple things you should know. never give it throttle when starting, and check the mid shaft nut.in the tuning section it has info on setting the carbs. if you have stock intake and exhaust the screws should be about2 turns out.lots of guys get aftermarket screws so they dont have to pull the carbs to adjust. unfortunatly maxair no longer sells them separate. you have to by there pod kit. metric magic sells screws you can find him on facebook vstars forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts