Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced my stator because I was told that it was burnt out. The bike side 3- pin connector was badly degraded so I hard wired it in. Rode for two days without any issues but it apparently stopped charging when I stopped for gas and tried to start the bike, the battery was dead. I took it to a reputable shop and they tested the stator, regulator/rectifier and battery and all tested 100 %. The mechanic said that it was showing about 13.9 volts when revving and he said that this was a good reading. Although I've always heard that anywhere between 14.1-14.5 volts is ideal. So I picked it up yesterday from the shop and rode it home without incident but got curious and put my multimeter on the battery terminals. I got 12.37 volts at rest, when I started the bike it dropped to 12.07 volts and upon revving did not climb in voltage but would drop instead. When I shut the bike down the voltage read 12.35volts. Could there be anything else that may be causing this issue? I'm supposed to take it back to the shop on Tuesday, but would rather save the money if it's something I could fix if it's simple enough. Please help!!! Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts