Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and, about two years ago I bought this bike from a friend of mine. He had hit a deer with it a few years previously to me buying it. There was not much damage except the front fender was beyond repair. I know that the front fenders from 98-02 interchange, but I have not had any luck finding one. They do make some on some of the aftermarket bike shops, but they want $800-$1200 for a fender. I am not willing to pay that amount. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to come up with a fender? I have searched eBay and other sites. Is there a fender that will fit it that is not necessarily specific to that bike, but would look about the same? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Are there any motorcycle salvage yards in your area?

There was a company in Melbourne, Florida, that specialized in parting out metric bikes, but I've never dealt with them directly. I did hear positive things about them though.

Another place to call might be Cycle Goodies in Daytona Beach. The guy likely won't have what you are looking for but he has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of metric bike parts and might be able to point you in a good direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts