Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not figure out what is wrong it just won't start. Regulatior is good, stator is good, fuel pump and fuel pump relay under seat is good and battery is good. Does anyone know what else could b wrong? Any input would b greatly appreciated

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Air
Fuel
Fire

You need all 3 to run, check and see which one you are missing

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Give us a bit more on what it's doing and what you're trying. When you hit the start button what does it do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been trying to figure it out now for awhile and keep hitting a dead end. Will go through all 3 again in the am. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns over but it but sounds very weak and won't start even with a full battery. Makes a really hollow kind of sound

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
did you pull a plug and ground it against the engine and see if you have spark?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I did and no spark so then I checked my pick up coil on my multimeter set to 200 ohms and it would flash to like 90 and then right back down really fast. In my book it says like 250 to 300 if I remember right. So I definitely think it's faulty. I checked all 4 coils and the readings on them all looked good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked my fuel pump just for the hell of it and in my book it says 4 to 30 ohms and the reading I was getting was 2.5 ohms so I think that's going to but it will still pump fuel when I hook it up to the battery so I don't know if I should change that 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts