Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's right, an injected bike leaking fuel like a bad carb would. worse in fact. it flows out of the exhaust like a water fall. any suggestions before i take it to the shop and lose an arm and a leg?:confused:

·
Paramedic
860 Posts
You start your bike and fuel pours out of the exhaust???? If that is the case it would have to be an injector that was stuck open and constantly dumping fuel into the cylinder. Your FI light should also be on or flashing. Unless you have a service manual, the shop may be your only option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ecu i think

so i took off the tank and air box to get a better look, and three of the four intakes are FULL of fuel, the other's intake valves were open so i'm assuming the cylider is full. not too likely that all the injectors went bad at the same time is it? i'm taking the plugs out today so the fuel can evaporate, and taking my ecu into the shop, hopefully they can tell me if it's bad. i'm thinking that a timing circuit in the ecu could be shorted and causing the injectors to remain open.

unless someone else has a better idea:confused:

·
Paramedic
860 Posts
The shop can't test the ECU. The only way to "test" it is to install it on a good bike and I don't think they would be willing to do that. You could have the fuel rail pressure checked. I've never seen a fuel injected bike to what you are describing but the only way fuel is getting into the cylinders is through the injectors and the only time the fuel pump is running is when the ignition is on.
I would pull one of the injectors and leave it connected to the wire harness and watch it while I turned the ignition on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, ordered a new pressure regulator from Ride Now today for 54 bucks. talked to lots of people about it and since the bike sat for so long it was probably bad fuel clogging it up.

thanks for the help brother, i'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me too, i'm sick of it sitting naked in my garage, it needs to be out roaming the streets and taking me to and from work. by the end of next week though... provided i find no other problems.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts